Opals is a privately owned business building the UK’s next-generation full-fibre networks
Connecting homes and businesses to better broadband. It is an exciting time to join the business with a move into new facilities in Peterborough within the next few months and new business opportunities coming on board.
As part of our growth and transformation strategy we are now looking to recruit further team members to the business at several levels.
You will be working with engineers across multiple regions and cities, seeing a project from its commencement through to its completion, being part of the team, which is connecting customers to full fibre network at home and work.
Role Purpose – To oversee the Surveyors out in the field and the Survey Coordinator based in the head office. Ensuring the timely delivery of the work schedule for our client.
A critical part to the role is ensuring the full utilisation of Surveyors (Circa 8), training new starters and shadowing to ensure quality and compliance as required. You will need to have the ability to query and analyse surveyor result to find efficiencies by reviewing others work.
The role is split approximately 70/30 between the office in Peterborough and Site.
· FTTP Architecture, Openreach experience
· Proficient use and knowledge of software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PDF writer, Visio and ORION (Preferred)
· Fibre network planning and surveying experience
· A minimum of 2 years good experience of working in Fibre network planning environment
· Knowledge of or experience working in the Openreach network
· Ability to carry out detailed survey of the built environment and capture most feasible and cost-effective solution for new build in accordance with the specifications.
· Able to review Field Surveyors surveys
· Able to follow design schematics and management direction
· Attention to detail
· Openreach accreditations A9, S2, A8, S5, S11
· High level of quality standards
· Able to lead a team
· A telecoms background coupled with a planning background is required for this position
· Fluent in English (Written & Verbal)
· Positive and Flexible approach
· Honesty & Integrity
· Right first-time approach
· Open to innovation
· Proactive with the ability to think ahead
· Committed to business objectives
· Solution focused
· Strong personality and professional attitude
· Good Communication skills
Salary dependent on Experience, skill and knowledge