At Opals Group, we design, build, manage and maintain vital communications infrastructure for every-day use for a better-connected world. We work with major network operators, technology vendors and engineering companies to create the next generation of communication networks.
We are proud to have built a business based on a responsive, customer-focused, partnership approach which allows us to support our clients with major project and programme delivery. Our Vision is to be the supplier of choice with our clients, by developing long term partnerships which are built on safety, quality and by delivering what we promise.
As a Warehouse Operative you will be required to work in all areas of the Warehouse and Yard to ensure that stock and goods are all stored safely and securely in the correct areas and are booked in and out correctly.
Duties of the Warehouse Operative:
· Accepting deliveries, unloading Lorries & booking stock onto the Warehouse Management System, ensuring products are stored accordingly in correct locations
· Ensure orders are packed and dispatched in a timely manner while maintaining high levels of packing quality and accuracy
· Assist with regular stock counting of products and packaging
· Maintain a safe and tidy working environment adhering to site and group H&S policies and procedures
· Manage waste flows to the correct wood, metal and recycling skips.
· Assist with checking, inspecting, and cleaning machines when required.
· Monitor stock level and assist with stock ordering as required
· Work alongside the Team driving change, problem solving and developing service and pack quality
What we are looking for:
· Previous experience in a similar role within a warehouse environment.
· Good level of understanding and spoken English, with strong literacy, numeracy and communication skills.
· Customer Focus
· Proactive Approach
· Forklift Licence (Preferable)
· Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
· Ability to take direction and follow instruction.
· A strong work ethic with a willingness to learn and develop
· Valid UK Driving License
What we can offer in return:
· 22 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
· Additional leave accrued from 2 years’ service
· Employee assistance program
· Your birthday off, paid, every year
· Cycle 2 work scheme
· Monthly employee recognition scheme
· Company social events
· Length of service award after 3 years
· Perks at work discounts
· Refer a friend programme
· In house training and development opportunities
· Dress down Fridays
· Free on-site parking
· Early finish last Friday of the month
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £10.50 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- PETERBOROUGH: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Warehouse experience: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location