Traffic Management Operations Manager
Due to rapid growth within the business, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Traffic Management Operations Manager to join our vibrant and dynamic team! This is an exciting opportunity to play your part in the UK’s largest Infrastructure project – you’ll be helping to open superfast broadband up to the whole of the UK!
At Opals Group, we design, build, manage and maintain vital communications infrastructure for every-day use for a better-connected world. We work with major network operators, technology vendors and engineering companies to create the next generation of communication networks.
We are proud to have built a business based on a responsive, customer-focused, partnership approach which allows us to support our clients with major project and programme delivery. Our Vision is to be the supplier of choice with our clients, by developing long term partnerships which are built on safety, quality and by delivering what we promise.
Duties of the Traffic Management Operations Manager:
This role will require a deep understanding of traffic management regulations and the ability to develop and implement strategies that optimize traffic movement operations to allow the safe undertaking of utilities and construction projects under temporary road works schemes.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of temporary traffic management systems, including traffic light, road closures, diversions, and lane restrictions.
- Liaise with local authorities, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and guidelines, including Chapter 8 of the Traffic Signs Manual and the Safety at Streetworks and Roadworks Code of Practice.
- Manage and coordinate a team of traffic management professionals, including traffic management designers, coordinators, supervisors, and operatives.
- Develop and implement strategies to optimize traffic management operations during temporary road closures and construction projects, ensuring minimal disruption to local communities and businesses.
- Conduct site inspections and risk assessments to ensure the safety of road users, workers, and the public during temporary traffic management operations.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations and industry best practices, including the use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Develop and manage budgets for temporary traffic management operations.
- Provide regular reports on traffic management operations to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in traffic management operations, with a focus on temporary traffic management in the UK.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant regulations and guidelines, including Chapter 8 of the Traffic Signs Manual and the Safety at Streetworks and Roadworks Code of Practice.
- Strong understanding of traffic management systems and technologies, including temporary traffic signal systems, barriers, cones, and signage.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders, including clients, local authorities, contractors, and the public.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to develop and implement strategies to optimize traffic flow.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams, with a commitment to developing and mentoring staff.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with changing priorities and competing demands.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations and industry best practices related to temporary traffic management.
What we are looking for:
- The ability to work under pressure and remain calm with a high attention to detail
- Previous experience within a similar role
- A great attitude and fantastic work ethic
- Previous experience working to tight deadlines maintaining an exceptional level of customer service
What we can offer in return:
- 22 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Additional leave accrued from 2 years’ service
- Employee assistance program
- Your birthday off, paid, every year
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Monthly employee recognition scheme
- Company social events
- Length of service award after 3 years
- Perks at work discounts
- Refer a friend programme
- In house training and development opportunities
- Dress down Fridays
- Free on-site parking
- Early finish last Friday of the month
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Additional leave
- Company events
- Company pension
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Wellness programme
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Peterborough: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- NRSWA Supervisor Accreditation (required)
Work Location: One location