Tools & Equipment Operative
At Opals Group, we design, build, manage and maintain vital communications infrastructure for every-day use for a better-connected world. We work with major network operators, technology vendors and engineering companies to create the next generation of communication networks.
We are proud to have built a business based on a responsive, customer-focused, partnership approach which allows us to support our clients with major project and programme delivery. Our Vision is to be the supplier of choice with our clients, by developing long term partnerships which are built on safety, quality and by delivering what we promise.
As Tools and Equipment Operative you will be required to work in the Warehouse maintaining tools and equipment and ensuring they are booked in and out correctly.
Duties of the Warehouse Operative:
· Process requests for equipment
· Carry out tool inspections
· Book tools and equipment in on Asset Tiger logging system
· Unload tools and equipment from vehicles
· Carry out audits on tools and equipment
· Maintain a safe and tidy working environment adhering to site and group H&S policies and procedures
What we are looking for:
· Previous experience in a similar role
· Good level of understanding and spoken English, with strong literacy, numeracy and communication skills.
· Customer Focus
· Proactive Approach
· Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
· Ability to take direction and follow instruction.
· A strong work ethic with a willingness to learn and develop
· Valid UK Driving License
What we can offer in return:
· 22 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
· Additional leave accrued from 2 years’ service
· Employee assistance program
· Your birthday off, paid, every year
· Cycle 2 work scheme
· Monthly employee recognition scheme
· Company social events
· Length of service award after 3 years
· Perks at work discounts
· Refer a friend programme
· In house training and development opportunities
· Dress down Fridays
· Early finish last Friday of the month
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £10.50 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- PETERBOROUGH: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location