Sales & Purchase Ledger Controller
Opals are helping to build the next generation of communication networks across Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire and Northamptonshire. As part of our exciting growth plans we’re looking for a motivated individual to join our team as a Sales & Purchase Ledger Controller.
This is a great opportunity to be fully responsible for the sub ledgers and provide excellent finance support to the business.
This role will be responsible for:
- Management of our Sales Ledger ensuring timely and accurate invoicing to our customers.
- Daily revenue reporting versus budget.
- Issue weekly statements to customers.
- Management of our Purchase Ledger ensuring all bills are entered accurately with planned payment dates.
- Ensure all transactions are coded to the correct general ledger and costs centre codes.
- Deal with customer and supplier queries.
- Ensure month end cut-off is adhered to with all transactions posted in accordance with the month end timetable.
- Review weekly costs for accuracy and coverage, report output to the relevant parties and add the bills to Xero.
- Ensure costs are charged on where appropriate.
- Manage any rebates or retentions in relation to suppliers.
- Monitor and report on adherence to the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Create and manage KPI reporting for the ledger team.
- Manage, mentor and develop the Finance Apprentice.
- Regularly review processes for efficiency savings without compromising finance controls and accuracy of information.
To succeed as our Sales & Purchase Leger Controller, we ask that you are:
- Systems savvy – we use online systems for a variety of tasks and the Finance Team interact with most of them!
- Xero experience would be advantageous but not a deal breaker as training will be given.
- Comfortable with managing a large number of transactions with daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Super organised and be able to deal with ever changing priorities
- A problem solver – proactive in finding solutions to issues
- Ideally used to managing a direct report
- Numerate with an excellent attention to detail
What We Will give You:
- Industry knowledge – It doesn’t really matter if you don’t know much about telecoms, we’ll give you the knowledge you need to do an excellent job.
- An opportunity to play your part in the UK’s largest Infrastructure project helping to open superfast broadband up to the whole of the UK.
- Your birthday off.
- Monthly employee and engineer recognition awards
- An early finish on the last Friday of every month
- 20 Days annual leave to begin with which increases in line with your length of service
- Referral scheme
- Company pension
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £25,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Company events
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Peterborough: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)