Due to rapid growth within the business, we are currently recruiting an experienced Quantity Surveyor to improve and maintain commercial reporting across all areas of the business! This role is a newly created position following an internal restructure and will play a key role in supporting the Head of Finance with a wide variety of duties.
At Opals Group, we design, build, manage and maintain vital communications infrastructure for every-day use for a better-connected world. We work with major network operators, technology vendors and engineering companies to design, build, manage and maintain the next generation of communication networks.
We are proud to have built a business based on a responsive, customer-focused, partnership approach which allows us to support our clients with major project and programme delivery. Our Vision is to be the supplier of choice with our clients, by developing long term partnerships which are built on safety, quality and by delivering what we promise.
The Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for:
· Knowledge, understanding and administration of respective entitlements and obligations under the main contract and sub-contracts
· Assisting the management of sub-contract payments including negotiation of subcontract variations and monitoring and reconciliation of contra-charge accounts
· Collation of accurate information for monthly cost/ value reconciliations and contract reviews
· Production of financial and statistical reports as required
· Close liaison with, and provision of assistance to, all operational and support staff to enable overall management of a project
· Attend and drive commercial meetings with clients
· Manage project close out financial account and retention releases
· Work with the Head of Finance to provide analytical support to understand and improve the financial performance, identifying areas of improvement, from both a revenue, margin and efficiency viewpoint.
· Advise stakeholders on KPI’s and performance to enable delivery of plan and to review and challenge efficiency and drive margin improvement.
· Periodically review customer contracts with account managers and negotiate price increases
· Identify, analyse, and develop responses to commercial risks
· Manage 1 direct report
What will you need?
· Able to build relationships at various levels across the business.
· Commercially astute.
· A drive to solve issues and see queries through to a successful conclusion.
· A high level of accuracy is a must.
· Able to lead by example, open to change and strive for improvement.
· Ability to challenge constructively when required to do so.
· Confident in presenting information to a range of stakeholders
· Used to working and delivering to tight timescales
· At least 1 years’ experience in a similar role
· 22 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
· Additional leave accrued from 2 years service
· Employee assistance program
· Your birthday off, paid, every year
· Cycle 2 work scheme
· Monthly employee recognition scheme
· Company social events
· Length of service award after 3 years
· Perks at work discounts
· Refer a friend programme
· In house training and development opportunities
· Dress down Fridays
· Free On-site parking
· Early finish last Friday of the month
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent