Due to rapid growth within the business, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Project Manager to join our vibrant and dynamic team! This is an exciting opportunity to play your part in the UK’s largest Infrastructure project – you’ll be helping to open superfast broadband up to the whole of the UK!
At Opals Group, we design, build, manage and maintain vital communications infrastructure for every-day use for a better-connected world. We work with major network operators, technology vendors and engineering companies to design, build, manage and maintain the next generation of communication networks.
We are proud to have built a business based on a responsive, customer-focused, partnership approach which allows us to support our clients with major project and programme delivery. Our Vision is to be the supplier of choice with our clients, by developing long term partnerships which are built on safety, quality and by delivering what we promise.
Duties of the Project Manager:
- You will be responsible for completing projects on time and on budget. Ensuring they are closed and invoiced as quickly as possible to ensure best possible cash flow
- Production of rolling 4-week programme to allow proactive project management
- Production of reports (including KPI/SLA based) to demonstrate performance vs objectives and to satisfy the client’s information requirements
- Accurate and timely updating of relevant systems and reporting of performance against client targets as required
- Provide timely and accurate internal reports relating to Project performance, Engineering Productivity and Financial performance as required by the business.
- Liaise with Stores/Logistics where required to ensure Engineering teams are fully equipped to deliver their projects each day.
- Liaise with Operations Supervisors where required to resolve technical/engineering project problems.
- Action and /or escalate fluidity issues that prevent progression of work.
What we are looking for:
- It doesn’t really matter if you don’t know much about telecoms, previous experience of planning and scheduling resources is key
- Competent IT User (including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Have the ability to work under pressure and remain calm with a high attention to detail
- A great attitude, a fantastic work ethic and a desire to learn
- A good working knowledge of operating systems, word processing and data input
- Working to tight deadlines maintaining an exceptional level of customer service
What we can offer in return:
- 22 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Additional leave accrued from 2 years’ service
- Employee assistance program
- Your birthday off, paid, every year
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Monthly employee recognition scheme
- Company social events
- Length of service award after 3 years
- Perks at work discounts
- Refer a friend programme
- In house training and development opportunities
- Dress down Fridays
- Free on-site parking
- Early finish last Friday of the month
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00-£45,000.00 per year