At Opals Group, we design, build, manage and maintain vital communications infrastructure for every-day use for a better-connected world. We work with major network operators, technology vendors and engineering companies to create the next generation of communication networks. This is an exciting opportunity to play your part in the UK’s largest Infrastructure project – you’ll be helping to open superfast broadband up to the whole of the UK!
We are proud to have built a business based on a responsive, customer-focused, partnership approach which allows us to support our clients with major project and programme delivery. Our Vision is to be the supplier of choice with our clients, by developing long term partnerships which are built on safety, quality and by delivering what we promise.
We are now recruiting for an Office Manager due to rapid growth within the business. Our Office Manager will take responsibility for all office related functions within the business in a very busy, hands-on role that will report in to the Managing Director.
OFFICE MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Taking all inbound phone calls and directing them to the relevant person within the organisation.
- Responsible for the morning set up of Reception area.
- Welcome visitors to the office.
- Provide periodic refreshments to visitors during meetings
- Arrange lunches for meetings as requested
- Ensure all meeting rooms and training rooms are kept clean and tidy and ready for visitors, reset after use
- Monitor the facilities inbox and respond as required
- Organise facilities works with contractors as required including cleaning and repairs
- Inspect, order and replenish stationary supplies
- Order and replenish refreshments supplies
- Return monthly meter readings to photocopier provider
- Carry out and record weekly fire alarm tests
- Arrange quarterly fire drills
- Carry out weekly building check and report any issues
- Take deliveries/post
- Diary management for the Managing Director
- Assist Managing Director with general administration tasks
- Provide assistance to the business support teams (Finance, HR, Stores) as required
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Management Team
- Attend meetings and take minutes
- Book and organise travel when required
- Manage office/working related policies
- Organise office workstation equipment/furniture as required
- Manage incoming email mailbox
- Maintain a culture of being Health & Safety aware and promote awareness of Health & Safety in the workplace.
- Promote and ensure all company procedures and policies are followed correctly.
- Act in a manner that reflects the strong “Customer first” ethos of Opals Group.
- 22 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Additional leave accrued from 2 years service
- Company social events
- Your birthday off, paid, every year
- Length of service award after 3 years
- Referral programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly employee recognition scheme
- Perks and work discounts
- In house training and development opportunities
- Dress down Fridays
- Early finish last Friday of the month
- Associated professional memberships paid
- Wellness Wednesday
- Monday to Friday
- 2 years experience in an Office Manager position
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- office manager: 2 years (required)
Work Location: One location