Opals Group is an established UK-based Network Infrastructure Services company.
We work with major network operators, technology vendors and engineering companies to design, build, manage and maintain the next generation of communication networks that connect people to superfast broadband.
This is an excellent opportunity for a HR professional to take the lead on the operational aspects of HR, assisted by our HR Apprentice, and get involved in some exciting projects.
This is a very busy hands-on role delivering the business-as-usual HR requirements including:
- Manage the full recruitment process from advertising the role through to interview and offer
- Inducting and onboarding our new starters
- Organising training and training contracts
- Management of ER cases when they arise
- Absence management including reporting, welfare calls and return to work meetings
- Policy and handbook reviews
- Managing our employee recognition schemes
- Provide advice and guidance to all managers on HR issues
- Manage employee engagement initiatives and activities
- Advising on legislation changes
- Manage the leaver process including exit interview
Now is an exciting time to join us as we have plenty of projects in the pipeline to improve our HR offering which, once the basics are covered, we would like you to help us drive forward. These include:
- A review of our benefits package
- Oversee HR Systems changes
- Revamp our employee handbook and policies
- Review our engagement activities
To succeed as our HR Advisor, we ask that you are:
- An experienced HR professional
- Able to manage ER cases from day to day to complex including capability
- Able to build rapport and support colleagues at all levels
- Super organised and be able to deal with ever changing priorities
- Outstanding verbal and written skills
- A problem solver – proactive in finding solutions to issues
What We Will give You:
- Industry knowledge – It doesn’t really matter if you don’t know much about telecoms, we’ll give you the knowledge you need to do an excellent job.
- An opportunity to play your part in the UK’s largest Infrastructure project helping to open superfast broadband up to the whole of the UK.
- Your birthday off.
- Monthly employee and engineer recognition awards
- An early finish on the last Friday of every month
- 20 Days annual leave to begin with which increases in line with your length of service
- Referral scheme
- Company pension
We look forward to receiving your application.