Fleet & Stores Administrator
Opals Group is an established UK-based Network Infrastructure Services Company.
We work with major network operators, technology vendors and engineering companies to design, build, manage and maintain the next generation of communication networks.
About the Role
We are looking for an Administrator to join our team as we continue to grow our business in one of the most exciting sectors within the UK.
This role will be working with the stores and fleet department, supporting our key operating areas.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Administration experience (Required)
- Good organisation skills (Required)
- Strong communication skills (Required)
- A valid Driving Licence (Required)
- Warehouse/Stores/Yard experience (Preferred)
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Comfortable using IT Systems (Required)
- Comfortable producing reports and using Microsoft Excel (Required)
- Comfortable in “Blue Collar” environment (Preferred)
- Able to work as part of a small team and can be flexible in line with changing business requirements (Preferred)
Whilst the primary role is administration, your responsibilities will incorporate assisting stores/yard with basic operations such as: vehicle swaps, collecting goods from local suppliers, waste management and reporting on fleet utilisation, fuel usage and any other ad hoc requests by management.
Driving/moving vehicles may also be required so a driving licence is essential.
- Create and update products using internal systems.
- Manage sales orders and stock levels using internal systems.
- Liaise with suppliers where there are PO discrepancies.
- Document scanning.
- Goods collection from Local suppliers.
- Waste management – liaising with waste service providers to arrange collections.
- Add new users and update assets via internal systems.
- Generate weekly reports.
- New products sourcing
- Add new driver details to internal systems.
- Allocate drivers to vehicles and assets.
- Identify repairs and maintenance requirements.
- Produce fleet utilisation and fuel usage reports.
- Recording invoices, fuel transactions and/or expenses
- Assisting with vehicle inspections/driver swaps
- Help parking/moving vehicles in the yard.
- Ordering vehicle stock e.g. screen wash and engine oil
- Ordering new fuel cards
- Assisting in finding local suppliers to carry out work when needed.
- Keeping vehicle records up to date (inspections, MOTs etc)
– 23 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
– Additional leave accrued from 2 years service
– Company social events
– Your birthday off, paid, every year
– Free on-site parking
– Length of service award after 3 years
– Referral programme
– Monthly employee recognition scheme with prizes
– In house training and development opportunities
– Dress down Fridays
– Early finish last Friday of the month
– Wellness Wednesday
Monday to Friday
07:00 am to 16.00 pm
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £20,000.00 per year
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Wellness programme
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Peterborough, PE2 7BW: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Administrative: 1 year (required)
- Warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
- United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: One location