Finance Transactions Manager
Due to rapid growth within the business, we are currently recruiting for a Finance Transactions Manager to join our vibrant and dynamic team! At Opals Group, we design, build, manage and maintain vital communications infrastructure for every-day use for a better-connected world. We work with major network operators, technology vendors and engineering companies to design, build, manage and maintain the next generation of communication networks.
We are proud to have built a business based on a responsive, customer-focused, partnership approach which allows us to support our clients with major project and programme delivery. Our Vision is to be the supplier of choice with our clients, by developing long term partnerships which are built on safety, quality and by delivering what we promise.
This is a great opportunity to be fully responsible for the sub ledgers and provide excellent finance support to the business.
This role will be responsible for:
- Management of our Sales Ledger ensuring timely and accurate invoicing to our customers.
- Daily revenue reporting versus budget.
- Issue weekly statements to customers.
- Management of our Purchase Ledger ensuring all bills are entered accurately with planned payment dates.
- Ensure all transactions are coded to the correct general ledger and costs centre codes.
- Deal with customer and supplier queries.
- Ensure month end cut-off is adhered to with all transactions posted in accordance with the month end timetable.
- Review weekly costs for accuracy and coverage, report output to the relevant parties and add the bills to Xero.
- Ensure costs are charged on where appropriate.
- Manage any rebates or retentions in relation to suppliers.
- Monitor and report on adherence to the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Create and manage KPI reporting for the ledger team.
- Manage, mentor and develop the Finance Assistant.
- Regularly review processes for efficiency savings without compromising finance controls and accuracy of information.
To succeed as our Finance Transactions Manager, we ask that you are:
- Systems savvy – we use online systems for a variety of tasks and the Finance Team interact with most of them!
- Xero experience would be advantageous but not a deal breaker as training will be given.
- Comfortable with managing a large number of transactions with daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Super organised and be able to deal with ever changing priorities
- A problem solver – proactive in finding solutions to issues
- Numerate with an excellent attention to detail
- 22 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Additional leave accrued from 2 years service
- Employee assistance program
- Your birthday off, paid, every year
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Monthly employee recognition scheme
- Company social events
- Length of service award after 3 years
- Perks at work discounts
- Refer a friend programme
- In house training and development opportunities
- Dress down Fridays
- Free On-site parking
- Early finish last Friday of the month
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent