Due to rapid growth within the business, we are currently recruiting for a Finance Assistant to join our vibrant and dynamic team! At Opals Group, we design, build, manage and maintain vital communications infrastructure for every-day use for a better-connected world. We work with major network operators, technology vendors and engineering companies to design, build, manage and maintain the next generation of communication networks.
We are proud to have built a business based on a responsive, customer-focused, partnership approach which allows us to support our clients with major project and programme delivery. Our Vision is to be the supplier of choice with our clients, by developing long term partnerships which are built on safety, quality and by delivering what we promise.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for:
- Daily invoicing of completed jobs.
- Updating sales ledger transactions on Xero
- Allocate payments and query any anomalies
- Record and monitor customer deductions.
- Raise bills to pay our subcontractors
- Process supplier invoices on Xero
- Review supplier statements
- Assist with Month End close
To succeed as our Finance Assistant, we ask that you are:
- Systems savvy – we use online systems for a variety of tasks and the Finance Team interact with most of them!
- Ideally some experience in a transactional finance role.
- A drive to solve issues and see queries through to a successful conclusion.
- Numerate with an excellent attention to detail
- 22 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Additional leave accrued from 2 years service
- Employee assistance program
- Your birthday off, paid, every year
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Monthly employee recognition scheme
- Company social events
- Length of service award after 3 years
- Perks at work discounts
- Refer a friend programme
- In house training and development opportunities
- Dress down Fridays
- Free On-site parking
- Early finish last Friday of the month
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £23,000.00 per year