Opals are helping to build the next generation of communication networks across Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire and Northamptonshire. As part of our exciting growth plans we’re looking for a organised individual to join our team as an Finance Assistant.
More About The Role:
We are looking for a Finance Assistant who will maintain our Sales and Purchase Ledger transactions.
- Daily invoicing of completed jobs.
- Updating sales ledger transactions on Xero
- Allocate payments and query any anomalies
- Credit control tasks including chasing for payment and alerting customers to invoices about to become due for payment.
- Record and monitor customer deductions.
- Review job costs and raise bills to pay our subcontractors
- Process supplier invoices on Xero
- Review supplier statements
- Assist with Month End close
What will you need?
- Ideally some experience in a transactional finance role.
- A drive to solve issues and see queries through to a successful conclusion.
- A desire to learn.
- A high level of accuracy is a must.
What we’ll give you
- It doesn’t really matter if you don’t know much about telecoms – we’ll give you the knowledge you’ll need to do an excellent job.
- If you are willing to learn, we are willing to train.
- An opportunity to play your part in the UKs largest infrastructure project – you’ll be helping to open superfast broadband up to the whole of the UK!
- We’ve got some benefits and perks too – like giving you your birthday off, our monthly employee awards and an early finish on the last Friday of every month!
We’re excited about our future, and we are looking for the right person to be a part of it. If this all sounds good to you then apply to get things started!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £22,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Monday to Friday