Due to rapid growth within the business, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Telecoms Field Supervisor to join our vibrant and dynamic team! This is an exciting opportunity to play your part in the UK’s largest Infrastructure project – you’ll be helping to open superfast broadband up to the whole of the UK!
At Opals Group, we design, build, manage and maintain vital communications infrastructure for every-day use for a better-connected world. We work with major network operators, technology vendors and engineering companies to create the next generation of communication networks.
We are proud to have built a business based on a responsive, customer-focused, partnership approach which allows us to support our clients with major project and programme delivery. Our Vision is to be the supplier of choice with our clients, by developing long term partnerships which are built on safety, quality and by delivering what we promise.
Duties of the Telecoms Field Supervisor:
- Ensure a consistently high standard of work is produced in accordance with specification and quality standards through regular documented quality inspections.
- Direct and supervise day to day operations of sub-contractors, ensuring appliance of common operational procedures that comply with health and safety requirements.
- Ensure works are carried out safely, fulfilling the company’s health, safety and welfare responsibilities.
- Ensure all sub-contractors are compliant with providing the required information relating to their works, utilising bespoke company systems.
- Create and maintain good relations with clients and customers, both internal and external.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records of own activity related to works under your control.
- Issue and record task briefings to all operatives under your control as and when required.
- Support sub-contractors in developing skills in order to deliver a high-quality end product.
- Meet weekly and quarterly team productivity targets.
- BT Accreditation in Fibre
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety
- Fibre and PON building experience is essential.
- Civils experience is advantageous
- Good communication, people management and leadership skills
- CSCS is preferred
- Valid driving license is essential – Company vehicle provided for business use
What we are looking for:
- The ability to work under pressure and remain calm with a high attention to detail
- Previous experience within a similar role
- A great attitude and fantastic work ethic
- Previous experience working to tight deadlines maintaining an exceptional level of customer service
What we can offer in return:
- 22 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Additional leave accrued from 2 years’ service
- Employee assistance program
- Your birthday off, paid, every year
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Monthly employee recognition scheme
- Company social events
- Length of service award after 3 years
- Perks at work discounts
- Refer a friend programme
- In house training and development opportunities
- Dress down Fridays
- Free on-site parking
- Early finish last Friday of the month
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent