Opals Group is building the next generation of full fibre broadband networks.
We work with major network operators, technology vendors and engineering companies to design, build, manage and maintain the next generation of communication network.
Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be employed to supervise Operatives in the performance of their daily tasks. Ensuring that they are following the programme of works, you will be responsible for driving productivity and compliance across all areas at all times.
- Ensure a consistently high standard of work is produced in accordance with specification and quality standards through regular documented quality inspections.
- Direct and supervise day to day operations of sub-contractors, ensuring appliance of common operational procedures that comply with health and safety requirements.
- Ensure works are carried out safely, fulfilling the company’s health, safety and welfare responsibilities.
- Ensure all sub-contractors are compliant with providing the required information relating to their works, utilising bespoke company systems.
- Create and maintain good relations with clients and customers, both internal and external.
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records of own activity related to works under your control.
- Issue and record task briefings to all operatives under your control as and when required.
- Support sub-contractors in developing skills in order to deliver a high-quality end product.
- Meet weekly and quarterly team productivity targets.
- BT Accreditation in Fibre
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety
- Fibre and PON building experience is essential.
- Civils experience is advantageous
- Good communication, people management and leadership skills
- CSCS is preferred
- Valid driving license is essential
The salary for the role is dependent on experience, skills and knowledge, you will be provided with a branded company vehicle for business use.
If you are looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to work for a forward-thinking business within the telecommunications sector apply today.
No Agencies at this time, thank you.