Are you looking for a new challenge within the telecommunications industry?
Are you easily adaptable, with prior experience working within a fast-paced environment?
If so, this could be the role for you!
Due to rapid growth within the business, we are currently recruiting for a Operations Coordinator to join our vibrant and dynamic team! At Opals Group, we design, build, manage and maintain vital communications infrastructure for every-day use for a better-connected world. We work with major network operators, technology vendors and engineering companies to design, build, manage and maintain the next generation of communication networks.
We are proud to have built a business based on a responsive, customer-focused, partnership approach which allows us to support our clients with major project and programme delivery. Our Vision is to be the supplier of choice with our clients, by developing long term partnerships which are built on safety, quality and by delivering what we promise.
Duties of the Operations Coordinator:
- You will be responsible for scheduling of workload linked to priorities and availability of skills and resources for our in-house team of fibre cabling engineers
- Ensuring the daily whereabouts for the engineers and compliance is completed
- Continuously liaising with the client to provide relevant updates, information and communications as required, and updating the in-house systems, ensuring all details are accurate.
- Manage fibre engineers to ensure maximum output productivity from operational field workforce.
- Support administration of finances and reconciliation of timesheets and preparation of self-billing invoices.
- Working closely with Civils and Streetworks team to ensure we comply with local authority requirements
This is a fast-paced, technical role which requires a keen eye for detail. The ability to adapt instantaneously, whilst also being a quick learner is imperative.
This really is a key role at Opals and one that is in the thick of everything we do.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience in planning and scheduling resources whilst working to deadlines.
- Competent IT User (including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Have the ability to work under pressure and remain calm with a high attention to detail
- A great attitude, a fantastic work ethic and a desire to learn
- A good working knowledge of operating systems, word processing and data input
What we can offer in return:
- 22 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Additional leave accrued from 2 years’ service
- Employee assistance program
- Your birthday off, paid, every year
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Monthly employee recognition scheme
- Company social events
- Length of service award after 3 years
- Perks at work discounts
- Refer a friend programme
- In house training and development opportunities
- Dress down Fridays
- Free on-site parking
- Early finish last Friday of the month
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £23,000.00-£25,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Store discount
- Wellness programme
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Peterborough: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location