Due to rapid growth within the business, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Civils Supervisor to join our vibrant and dynamic team! This is an exciting opportunity to play your part in the UK’s largest Infrastructure project – you’ll be helping to open superfast broadband up to the whole of the UK!
At Opals Group, we design, build, manage and maintain vital communications infrastructure for every-day use for a better-connected world. We work with major network operators, technology vendors and engineering companies to create the next generation of communication networks.
We are proud to have built a business based on a responsive, customer-focused, partnership approach which allows us to support our clients with major project and programme delivery. Our Vision is to be the supplier of choice with our clients, by developing long term partnerships which are built on safety, quality and by delivering what we promise.
Duties of the Civils Supervisor:
- Ensure all Project Work is completed according to Quality, Health & Safety and NRSWA guidelines
- Ensure that the surfaces and surrounding areas of Civils related work are restored to their pre-works state to avoid any fines including section 74’s.
- Support the day-to-day operations, providing technical and operational support to aid job delivery.
- Ensure optimum productivity of Field Operatives.
- Reduce the number of defects and ensure swift resolution of defects where identified.
- Act as a communication link between field and office staff, delivering technical, Health & Safety and commercial conversations to field operatives.
- Pre-sighting jobs when required to ensure fluidity and reduce margin for failure / abortive visits.
- Attend site meetings with customer, councils etc. as required.
- Support the Programme Manager to ensure swift technical problem resolution in the field.
- Support the Programme manager to ensure full administration & real time update compliance to ensure there are no inhibitors to swift payment following job completion
- Support the Recruitment and Induction all new field operatives where required.
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety
- Civils experience is essential
- Good communication, people management and leadership skills
- CSCS is preferred
- Valid driving license is essential – Company vehicle provided for business use
What we are looking for:
- The ability to work under pressure and remain calm with a high attention to detail
- Previous experience within a similar role
- A great attitude and fantastic work ethic
- Previous experience working to tight deadlines maintaining an exceptional level of customer service
What we can offer in return:
- 22 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Additional leave accrued from 2 years’ service
- Employee assistance program
- Your birthday off, paid, every year
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Monthly employee recognition scheme
- Company social events
- Length of service award after 3 years
- Perks at work discounts
- Refer a friend programme
- In house training and development opportunities
- Dress down Fridays
- Free on-site parking
- Early finish last Friday of the month
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent