Civils Operations Manager
Are you an experienced Manager looking for a new challenge within the telecommunications industry?
Are you looking for a supportive, fun-loving team to be a part of?
If so, this is your opportunity to join an amazing, award winning, fast-growing business!
At Opals Group, we design, build, manage and maintain vital communications infrastructure for every-day use for a better-connected world. We work with major network operators, technology vendors and engineering companies to design, build, manage and maintain the next generation of communication networks.
We are proud to have built a business based on a responsive, customer-focused, partnership approach which allows us to support our clients with major project and programme delivery. Our Vision is to be the supplier of choice with our clients, by developing long term partnerships which are built on safety, quality and by delivering what we promise.
Duties of the Civils Operations Manager:
- Plan works and make sure surveys are carried out in advance for backfill and reinstatement works in the highway for utilities.
- Liaise with and build strong relationships with local authority, Clients, Street works and Civils teams.
- Oversee Reinstatement teams working on backfill and reinstatement operations including the use of Grab lorries.
- Ensure site safety standards are maintained, assisting risk assessment, accident investigation, site instructions and inspections
- Ensure all work is carried out safely, according to specifications and in accordance with HAUC specifications.
- Be able to react to customer queries and plan works accordingly
This role in initially office based and will evolve into time in the office and time on site.
What we are looking for:
- Be a competent IT User (including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Have the ability to work under pressure and remain calm
- Previous experience in Reinstatement in a similar environment (Water, Gas, Telecoms)
- High attention to detail
- Previous experience working in accordance with HAUC specifications
- NRSWA accreditation is desirable
What we can offer in return:
- 22 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Additional leave accrued from 2 years’ service
- Employee assistance program
- Your birthday off, paid, every year
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Monthly employee recognition scheme
- Company social events
- Length of service award after 3 years
- Perks at work discounts
- Refer a friend programme
- In house training and development opportunities
- Dress down Fridays
- Free on-site parking
- Early finish last Friday of the month
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £40,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Store discount
- Wellness programme
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Peterborough: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- civils: 2 years (required)
Work Location: One location